Scaly face Mite in Budgerigars
Kemodecoptes mites in Budgies at Melbourne Bird vet
How to treat budgerigar mites ?
the Budgie vets recommends
- Look at your budgerigar cage set up and husbandry as healthy birds rarely manifest clinical disease with mites.
- the Budgie Vet recommends that you keep your birds healthy and relaxed, low stress environment.
- The vet for Budgies has noted that there is often a nutritional deficiency - and adding vitamin A and dark green vegetables to the diet Every SINGLE DAY is recommended.
- Treat with a Macrocytic lactone drug like Moxi-vet, this is sold at the Budgie Vet as an over the counter medication - The product t is freely available without a script. The budigie Vet product dose is 1 drop per 30 grams onto an un-feathered area.
- Improve the plane of nutrition
- Decrease your birds stress - to improve the budgies immune system.
The Budgie vet Near me - recommends a holistic approach to this common presentation.
The budgie vet near me has noted that regular mite and lice sprays are nor effective in treating scaly face in budgerigars.